97.3fm
Brisbane's widest variety of music from the '80s to now

Now Playing:

Loading...
Listen on

'Missing' Sinead O'Connor Found Safe After Police Search

Sinead O’Connor has been found safe, hours after authorities reported her missing in Chicago.

Police said the Irish singer had been missing since early Sunday and they were “seeking to check the well-being” of her.

The 49-year-old reportedly left the Wilmette area for a bicycle ride at 6am local time on Sunday and did not return, police said in a statement on Monday.

A caller contacted police expressing concern for her well-being.

A spokesman told AP that O’Connor had been located, though he wouldn’t say where she was found.

He said the singer was “safe and no longer considered a missing or endangered person”.

Last November, the singer received medical treatment after a message about her taking a drug overdose was posted on her Facebook page.

Earlier this month, comedian Arsenio Hall filed a $US5 million ($A6.9 million) defamation lawsuit against O'Connor, who accused him of supplying drugs to rock star Prince, whose death on April 21 has prompted speculation about an overdose.

O'Connor, whose biggest hit was her 1990 version of the Prince song Nothing Compares 2 U, posted a note on her Facebook page claiming Hall supplied drugs to Prince for years.

 

AP/Staff Writers

Share this: