Be Careful After Pet Dog Poisoned In Popular Brisbane Park
How anyone could do this, we're not sure...
A woman attended the police station yesterday after her pet was allegedly poisoned in Teneriffe park.
The woman was walking herbeloved pet when she noticed it had something in its mouth.
After removing the object it looked to be a rat poison tablet smeared in peanut butter.
Police are asking people to be vigilant in the Teneriffe area after a dog ingested poison yesterday. https://t.co/nMbL2lx3wV— Queensland Police (@QldPolice) September 25, 2017
"The dog was taken to a vet for treatment and is recovering," the police statement read.
"Anyone who has seen anything unusual or suspicious in the area is being urged to contact police.
"You can also call the RSPCA Cruelty Complaints Hotline on 1300 852 188.
"If you believe your animal has ingested any poison, you should seek veterinary treatment immediately."
Shame on whoever did this to an innocent animal!