Grieving Family Mourns Tragic Death Of Their Three-Year-Old
By Isabella Lovric
Three-year-old Alby Fox Davis tragically died after a small bouncy ball became stuck in his windpipe preventing him from breathing on Monday afternoon
The little boy passed away in his mother's arms after a matter of seconds, despite her frantic attempts to save him.
Grieving mother, Anna Davis, posted to Instagram on Tuesday night confirming her child's death with a heartbreaking message.
“Yesterday afternoon, our beautiful, beautiful Alby, our darling baby boy, grew wings and flew from this earth," she said.
“We adore you beyond belief, our sweet little fox. Forever three, forever free.”
Amber Cooper, a friend of the family, set up a
“Darling Alby was playing with a bouncy ball that had arrived earlier that morning, in a package filled with party favours for his upcoming 4th birthday celebrations," she said.
“The ball became stuck in his windpipe, preventing his ability to breathe, and in a matter of seconds, despite his mama's frantic attempts to save him, he passed away in her arms.
“In this time of unfathomable grief, this beautiful family need time to mourn and surround each other in love, without having the financial burdens of daily life and work commitments weighing on their minds.
"As Simon is a relief teacher, he is not entitled to any leave, and as so many of you know, Anna is self-employed with her much-loved business, The Small Folk.
“Let us come together to offer our support in any amount we can. We may live far away, even separated by oceans, but let us band together to help Anna and her family feel our love and presence during this time.”
In 17 hours, people around the globe have raised $65,636 of the $70,000 goal to assist the family. If you would like to donate, you can find the link here.
Our sincerest thoughts and condolences go out to Anna and her family.
If you find yourself in a similar situation where a child is chocking, here are some emergency tips from St John Ambulance Australia.