11Qld teens overdose on cocktail of drugs
A group of central Queensland teenagers have been hospitalised after overdosing on a cocktail of prescription drugs.
Paramedics treated 11 teenagers at a house in Yeppoon in the early hours of Tuesday, with nine taken to Yeppoon Hospital for further treatment.
Queensland Ambulance Services spokesman Brad Norris said the group had mixed and taken prescription drugs, which was "very concerning and extremely dangerous".
Their ages ranged from 14 to 17 and the group was made up of boys and girls.
Mr Norris said some of the teenagers were highly aggressive and irritable, while others were quite calm.
He said the incident served as a warning never to take any prescription medication unless it had been issued by a doctor.