Five Queensland Children Found Safe and Well
Five young children, including a baby girl, are safe and well after being taken from their North Queensland home overnight.
The children - a six-year-old boy and four girls aged five, four, one and two months - were the subject of an Amber Alert on Tuesday morning, which has now been cancelled.
Officers had been looking to speak to their father, 31-year-old Zane Smallwood, about an unrelated matter on Monday night when they noticed he, along with the children, was not at his Home Hill residence.
Police received several tip-offs from the public on Tuesday, before announcing just before 2pm they had located all five children.
A police spokesperson confirmed Smallwood remained at large and officers were still searching for him.
Detective Senior Sergeant Dave Miles, from the Townsville child protection investigation unit, earlier on Tuesday said Smallwood's relatives may have been harbouring the children.
"We believe that members of the immediate family may well be assisting him with his endeavours at this point in time, and it's not beyond the realms of possibility that the children are with members of the family," he said.
Police are seeking public help to find five children allegedly taken from a North Queensland home.
They have issued an amber alert for the children, four girls and one boy, aged between six years and two months, who were last seen at a residence at Third Avenue, Home Hill.
The five children were last seen yesterday morning.
The children are believed to be travelling with Zane Smallwood (pictured), 31, in a grey coloured 2002 Ford Falcon sedan.
The car has Queensland registration 947-WKD.
According to the Queensland Police the five children could be at significant risk, so any public assistance surrounding their disappearance is urged.
Ring 131 564 to provide information about this incident.
Please ring 000 for life threatening information about this incident.