Brisbane's widest variety of music from the '80s to now

Now Playing:

Listen on

Father Of Baby Murdered By 10-Year-Old Girl Speaks Out

WARNING: This story includes content that may be confronting and distressing for some.

The father of a baby boy who died after a 10-year-old reportedly stomped on his head has opened up for the first time since his death.

Nate Liedl arrived at his son's daycare centre to pick him up when an ambulance pulled away. He soon learnt that his six-month-old son Jaxon was inside. Two days later, on november 1st, he died from severe head injuries. 

According to local authorities, the 10-year-old girl who commit the crime was a resident of the daycare centre, and had been left alone with the baby when the incident happened. The child allegedly dropped Jaxon on his head. This prompted the young boy to cry, which led the girl to stomp on his head, causing fatal head injuries.

It's reported that the baby was unconscious and bleeding heavily from the head when paramedics arrived.

"I waited 37 years for my own little baby boy. I was extremely lucky because he didn't cry, no fussing, he was happy smiles all the time," Nate Liedl told ABC7. 


Four days after the 10-year-old was charged with Jaxon's death, Liedl faced the accused killer in court stating that, despite her age, the young girl was a criminal.   

"As opposed to seeing it as a 10-year-old girl, I saw it as the person who killed my son. And she, in my opinion, deserved to be in shackles or handcuffs. She's a criminal," he said. 

It is understood that the young girl, who cannot be named, cried during a recent 10-minute hearing, insisting that she dropped the baby by accident. She claims he hit his head on a footstool and began crying before she panicked and stomped on his head.


According to the sheriff's department, medical personnel who reported to the paramedic call, told them that they believed "the injuries sustained by the six-month-old boy was not an accident." 

the judge decided that the girl would be treated as an adult in the eyes of the law.

The 10-year-old girl was reportedly living in a foster home which also served as a daycare centre in Wisconsin, USA. She has been charged with first-degree intentional homicide and will face court again on December 11. 

Share this: