Brisbane's widest variety of music from the '80s to now

Now Playing:

Listen on

Lalor Park Toddler May Have Shot Herself Accidently

It's been revealed that the father charged with the possession of an illegal sawn-off shotgun that killed his three-year-old daughter in her Western Sydney home on Sunday was due to face court on unrelated drug charges.

The man, who cannot be identified, is now facing five firearm and apprehended domestic violence order charges following the death of the little girl after she suffered a fatal neck wound at her Lalor Park home.

The 43-year-old will face Blacktown Local Court on Friday but has not been charged with causing her death.

A family friend told the Daily Telegraph that the family was inconsolable.

“The people inside have also lost a son because he’s now in jail ... what happened was a tragedy,” he said.

Yesterday, parents at a primary school attended by the girl’s older brothers described her as a “beautiful little girl”

“The whole family was gorgeous, we only just found out about it, we’re all in shock,” one mother said.

“She was a beautiful little girl ... she was full of beans.”

The father appeared to shake nervously in the back of a paddy wagon barefoot and wearing a blue forensic suit, before appearing at Blacktown Local Court yesterday, where he was refused bail on three firearm charges and contravening two Apprehended Domestic Violence Orders.

He was originally due to face Downing Centre Court yesterday for allegedly participating in a criminal group and dealing with property suspected of being the proceeds of crime over an alleged mortgage fraud scheme in 2015.

On Sunday night, it's reported after the gun went off that the girl’s hysterical mother was heard screaming “not my baby girl” “I hate you, I hate you” and “rot in hell”.

Neighbours heard the gunshot followed by the screams of the girl’s mother, about 8pm.

Neighbour Mark Tupua said:

“The mother came out, she was really angry and she was just screaming,”

“She was just saying it was his fault, he shouldn’t have had a gun in the house. I seen another guy leave the house, blood all over his hands.”

Riverstone Police Commander Acting Superintendent Paul Carrett said: “When police arrived ... they found the child had suffered a fatal wound to her neck.”

“The death of a three-year-old child under any circumstances is tragic. It is tragic for the family and it is tragic for the police and other emergency services who attend these scenes,” he added

Share this: