Man Dies At Stereosonic Music Festival In Adelaide
A man is dead and another is critically ill after suspected drug overdoses at the Stereosonic music festival in Adelaide.
Paramedics were called to treat a man just before 5pm on Saturday, who was taken to Royal Adelaide Hospital where he later died, police said.
It's thought he consumed an illicit drug and was in possession of a number of pills.
Another man was taken to the same hospital at midday after suffering from "a medical episode".
Police say it appears he also consumed an illicit substance and remains in a critical condition.
Stereosonic has released a statement over their Facebook page, urging festival-goers to keep safe and know the dangers of illicit drugs.
Earlier, police said a small quantity of drugs had been confiscated at the festival but they were pleased with the behaviour of the more than 10,000 people in attendance.
One person was evicted for being unruly and five others were stopped by drug detection dogs by mid-afternoon.
Three of those subsequently searched were found to have drugs and 19 pills were seized.
First aid volunteers also treated a number of people for heat and alcohol-related issues.
Authorities had been on high alert for illicit drug use at the event following the death of 25-year-old Sylvia Choi at the festival's Sydney leg last month.