Brisbane's widest variety of music from the '80s to now

Now Playing:

Listen on

Mother Speaks Of Pain After Losing Girls In Pool Tragedy

It was just after lunch on Tuesday when Renise Young heard the yells of her five-year-old son Aige at their Logan home.

The mother of five and her husband, Troy, had been searching for the girls after they went outside to play.

Running to their backyard pool, Young would find her two daughters in the water.

Diving in, she desperately tried to revive them while screaming for help.

Sadly, it was too late for Taya, 4, and Patricia, 3, who lost their lives in the tragic accident.

Talking to The Courier Mail, Renise has described how helpless she felt in those frantic moments.

“All a mother could do when they see their baby like that is just scream at the top of their lungs,” she said.

“I was screaming and grabbing them and making sure their head was above the water and just yelling because there was nothing I could do.”

The girls’ grandfather has told Nine News of the family's pain after the fatal discovery.

“He's cut up something terrible and she's just as bad because she had to dive in the pool to get them out,” Peter Brown said.

“They'd just finished cleaning the pool to go swimming, it had regulation fencing all around it, so I don't know how they got in.”

Police are investigating whether the girls used a nearby outdoor chair or a trampoline to access the pool area.

"It doesn't appear to be suspicious, however we have to do our investigations. We have our child protection officers here at the moment," Inspector Glenn Allen told reporters.

Troy Young’s sister has told The Courier Mail the parents are trying to “hold themselves together” for their three remaining children, including their 18-month-old and few-months-old daughters.

Tamara Sengstock said Taya and Patricia were taken too soon.

“They were beautiful little girls with a whole life ahead of them,” she said.

“They had big hearts and loved everyone. They always were protective of each other.”

Logan City Council officers are also investigating, with a report to be prepared for the coroner.

There is a public appeal to raise money for the family to help cover costs during this heartbreaking time. To donate click here.

Staff Reporters with AAP

Share this: