Mothers, Babies Evacuated After Chemical Spill
Newborns and mothers were evacuated from a Perth maternity hospital after bleach was accidentally spilt into the air conditioning during routine cleaning.
Firefighters were called to King Edward Maternity Hospital on Tuesday and shut down the hospital's air conditioning system after the spill.
About 60 patients, including mothers and their children from four wards, were evacuated about
The labour and birth suite was not affected.
The Department of Fire and Emergency Services has since declared the area safe and patients were expected to return