• Ooh Aah...Just A Little Bit
  • Listen on
Brisbane's widest variety of music from the '80s to now

97.3fm

  • now playing:
    Ooh Aah...Just A Little Bit
    Gina G.
  • Listen on
MENU

Pregnant Aussie Mum Suffers Serious Burns From Her iPhone

A pregnant woman from Western Sydney has suffered from second degree burns from her iPhone. 

Melanie Tan Pelaez plugged her iPhone 7 into a charger and was watching movies from the device when she fell asleep. 

Tan Pelaez says she was awoken by 'sudden pain, pins and needles, numbness and shortness of breath.' and knew something was very wrong. She looked down to discover horrific red marks all down her right arm.

The markings on her arm matched the phone and charger.

Tan Pelzez told news.com.au, “Apple took my phone and details, but said it couldn’t have been the phone because it didn’t have a distinct smell,”

“I then got a call from a member of the executive team who told me they were now handing the matter and had sent the phone to a senior technician in California for testing.”

Ms Tan Pelaez has reportedly been to the emergency room twice and has also had to met with a plastic surgeon to discuss her options for dealing with the scar left on her arm.

Two weeks on, Ms Tan Pelaez is yet to receive a response from Apple, so she's taken to Facebook to share her cautionary tale.

Saying, "I have been an iPhone user since the beginning and have never had an issue or concern, so it's really scary and disappointing that something like this happened and can happen to someone else."

"PLEASE be aware and SHARE." Ms Tan pelaez has warned. 

Source: Nt News

Image Source: Melanie Tan Pelaez Facebook

TRENDING NOW: Jaw Dropping Footage Shows Teen Girl Train Surfing In Melbourne

Share this: