Even MORE Train Services Are Being Cancelled!
Southeast Queensland train commuters will face more service cuts on Friday as Queensland Rail promises to announce a more reliable timetable.
Ongoing driver and guard shortages have prompted Transport Minister Stirling Hinchliffe to warn the level of service will be "less than perfect" going into the weekend.
He says 113 services will be cut but the impact will be limited to off-peak periods "where possible".
QR is operating on an interim timetable recommended by former chief executive Helen Gluer, who last week resigned over the crisis alongside board chairman Michael Klug.
A new timetable, which will be effective until early 2017, will be announced on Friday.
"(Friday's) cancellations rip the band-aid off the running sore that is an interim timetable that is not reliable enough for commuters," Mr Hinchiffe said.
Passengers were encouraged to continue checking for service updates online.
Mr Hinchliffe has faced growing calls for his sacking since last month's commuter chaos but claims he was "misled" because senior QR staff didn't pass on warnings contained in several reports, one as far back as January.