Severe Weather Warning For South-East As Rain Rolls In
We're being warned to expect a severe thunderstorm with damaging winds and heavy rain across the south-east.
The BOM warns:
That, at 3:25 pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near Highvale, Samford and Upper Brookfield.These thunderstorms are moving towards the east.
They are forecast to affect Brisbane CBD, Strathpine and Redcliffe by 3:55 pm and Cleveland, Mud Island and southern Moreton Island by 4:25 pm.
Damaging winds and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding are likely.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.
The next warning is due to be issued by 4:25 pm.