Brisbane's widest variety of music from the '80s to now

Now Playing:

Listen on

Hotel Staff Hospitalised After Eating Pot-Infused Chocolate

Three Sydney hotel workers had thought that they were indulging on an innocent snack after eating a bit of chocolate that had been left behind by guests.

But the sweet treat actually ended up sending them on a trip to the emergency room after they accidentally overdosed on cannabis… That’s right the cheeky guests had in fact left behind pot-infused chocolate!

The trio realised that something wasn’t quite right after they began slurring their words and started experiencing symptoms like unsteadiness, vertigo, nausea, drowsiness.

One of the workers, a woman in her 40s, had consumed only one square of the drugged-up chocolate. Along with these symptoms, she also experienced uncontrolled eye movements and vomiting, with doctors originally thinking she may have suffered a stroke.

A second woman ate four squares of the cannabis chocolate and became completely unable to speak or follow simple instructions.

The third worker consumed just one square from the drugged up chocolate block and was taken to hospital for observation after feeling nauseous and unsteady.

Each patient was given a drug test and the chocolate itself was tested, with all signs pointing to the food as being contaminated with cannabis from the US.

Thankfully, all three of the hotel workers made a full recovery and were discharged from hospital within 24 hours.

Share this: