97.3fm
Brisbane's widest variety of music from the '80s to now

Now Playing:

Loading...
Listen on

Uninsured Queensland Home Gutted By Inferno

(Image courtesy of 9News)

A family in Kenmore has been left devastated after a fire gutted their home.

The fire at the Currong St home threatened nearby houses, with video showing smoke pouring from the residence.

The family later found out that the property was uninsured.

Simon Evans, from the Queensland Fire and Emergency Services, told Nine News“The crews got there in the nick of time. They put in hose lines to protect the neighbouring property… otherwise we might have had two houses on fire.”

The owner of the home, John Sinclair, told 9News that he is "very sad" for his family, as it has been part of their lives since it was built in 1966. 

No one was home during the blaze, however, the family dogs died in the fire.

Investigations in the blaze are ongoing.

Source: 9News

Share this: