Coping With Anxiety... The Best Methods To Help Yourself
Anxiety. It's a problem for many Aussies who are often stuck with ways to cope.
The Thinkergirls Stace and Kristie reached out to listeners regarding what anxiety methods they use to calm themselves down.
Here are some of the best tips.
- Hand, hold and breathe method: hand on your forehead, hand on the back of your head. Breathe in 8, hold for 4 and breathe out for 8. Aim of this is to put a focal point on your body and if you do it nine times, the amount of oxygen going in and out of your system, tells your brain that you’re slowing your body down.
- Cold Showers: an instant shock to your body temperature and calm yourself down.
- Listening to classical music, or any particular calming music that suits you.
- Remember your previous anxiety and panic attacks, and realise that you’ve gone through this before and you’re still here and you’re okay and going to make it.
- Grounding Technique: focusing your mind on your surroundings, such as five things you can see, four things you can hear, three things you can touch and two things you can smell. Distracting yourself on your surroundings and using your senses to distract you.
- ENT Technique: process where you tap your body with your fingers to distract your mind with the touch of your physical body.
- Eating healthy and keeping a healthy lifestyle keeps the body clean and the mind happy.
Anxiety is a common occurrence with people in everyday life, and it can happen in the most unlikely of places and times. So introducing methods such as these can really help.