Sometimes Maccas really Stuffs up your order, but this is totally horrendous and unacceptable.
A pregnant mum stopped in the McDonald’s drive-thru for a coffee on her way to drop off her kid.
She took one sip and had to pull over to spit it out and chuck it up.
She turned around and went back to the store to complain.
A staff member told her that “two cleaning lines were hooked up to the latte machine.”
The woman who ingested the poison contacted Alberta Health Services’ Health Link poison control.
She was told she got off lucky because she never actually swallowed it.
A spokeswoman for McDonald’s issued an apology,
“What happened is that the machine was being cleaned — as it is every morning. Unfortunately, the milk supply line was connected to the cleaning solution while this guest’s drink was made,” Brown said in a statement,” she said.
“We have taken immediate action to review the proper cleaning procedures with the team and have put additional signage up as an added reminder.”
McDonald’s says a health inspector has visited the restaurant and is not investigating further.