Welcome to this week’s wacky restaurant collaboration!
Fireball Whisky has teamed up with Morgan McGlone from Sunday Potts Point to create an incredible-sounding winter warming cobbler.
Think Fireball-infused rhubarb, pear, and blood orange cobbler drenched in a Fireball spiked butterscotch sauce…
Fireball Whisky x Sunday Potts Point Recipe (Serves 2):
Fireball, Rhubarb, Pear & Blood Orange Cobbler w/ Fireball Butterscotch Sauce
Cobbler Filling Ingredients:
60ml Fireball Cinnamon Whisky
200g rhubarb (peeled and cubed)
½ blood orange (peeled and diced)
½ pears (peeled, de-cored and diced)
⅛ tsp allspice
75g brown sugar
⅛ tsp vanilla essence
2g pinch kosher salt
Cobbler Filling Method:
- Place all ingredients into a heavy based pot and bring to the boil with a lid on
- Simmer for 7 mins and set aside.
- Allow to cool before placing into a baking dish.
Cobbler Topping Ingredients:
50g self-raising flour
⅛ tsp ground cinnamon
Cobbler Topping Method:
- In a food processor place butter, flour and sugar inside and blend until dandy consistency.
- Add egg and cinnamon and blend until completely combined.
- Take mixture out of the processor and place onto baking paper, roll into a sausage form and place into the freezer until ready to cook.
Fireball Butterscotch Sauce Ingredients:
90ml Fireball Cinnamon Whisky
75g brown sugar
75g heavy cream
75g unsalted butter (diced)
2g smoked salt
Fireball Butterscotch Sauce Method:
- Place brown sugar and cream into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce by 1/3 then add Fireball and reduce by 1/3 again.
- Cool down mixture by 25% and then blend in butter and salt.
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Slice cobbler top into 1cm discs and place 6 pieces on top of rhubarb mix and bake for 25-30 mins.
- Allow to rest for 10 mins and dust with icing sugar.
- To serve, take a generous spoon of cobbler and place on a plate or bowl. Pour over butterscotch sauce.
- Best served with either vanilla ice cream or whipped double cream.