Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a neurodevelopment disorder that typically begins in childhood and can persist into adulthood. ADHD is characterised by a persistent pattern of inattention, hyperactivity, and impulsivity that interferes with daily functioning and quality of life.
Common signs of ADHD include impulsivity, difficulty sustaining attention, being easily distracted, restlessness, excessive talking, making careless mistakes, forgetfulness, poor time management, trouble organising tasks and so on.
If you’re one of the many adults that have questioned whether they may have ADHD or not, this may help. Dr Ali Ajaz has taken to TikTok, sharing 12 questions he asks his patients to help determine whether they have ADHD. Dr Ajaz warns that although you may resonate with some of the questions, it doesn’t automatically diagnose you.
See for your yourself:
1. Do you have problems focusing on everyday tasks?
2. Do you often zone out or lose a sense of time?
3. Do you make careless mistakes at work or with assignments?
4. Do you struggle to initiate tasks and leave things to the last minute?
5. Do you struggle to complete one task at a time?
6. Do you struggle to organise yourself?
7. Do you ever get embarrassed at how untidy your bedroom, home or workspace is?
8. Do you lose essential items on a regular basis e.g. mobile phone, keys, wallet?
9. Do you struggle to relax or unwind?
10. Do you have problems with sleeping because your mind doesn’t switch off?
11. Do you struggle to wait your turn in queues or conversations?
12. Do you struggle to listen when spoken to directly?
These are not to be taken as professional advice, if you have any concerns or wish to get more information please visit your GP.
@draliajaz 12 Questions to help determine if adults have ADHD. #adhd #adhdcheck #adhdinwomen #adhdawareness #mentalhealthmatters #neurodivergent ♬ original sound – DrAliAjaz