Earlier this year KFC held a music festival headlined by Peking Duk and it was a goddamn good time. To celebrate the main act KFC released a ‘Peking Cluk’ burger available exclusively at the festival… until now.
The ‘Peking Cluk’ burger developed by Peking Duk, TikTok star Dimsimlim, and the geniuses at KFC’s secret taste headquarters was such a hit that the recipe has been made public. This is huge news coming from the home of “11 secret herbs and spices”. This sticky and sweet delicacy is not only deliciously packed with KFC Original Recipe fillets dunked in hoisin glaze, topped with cabbage, spring onion, and cucumber slaw but it’s so simple you can even make it at home.
Recipe below, happy cookin!
KFC Peking Cluk Burger Recipe:
Serves: 2 Burgers
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 2 x KFC Original Recipe Fillets
- 2 x Soft White Bread Rolls
- 1 x Cup White Cabbage, Shredded
- 1 x Spring Onion, Chopped
- ½ x Cucumber, Sliced into Thin Strips
- Hoisin Glaze:
- 90mL x Hoisin Sauce
- 1/8 tsp x Honey
- 30mL x Plum Sauce
- 1/8 tsp x Five-Spice Powder
- 80-100mL x Boiling Water
- Slice the bread rolls into halves.
- In a medium bowl combine cabbage, spring onion and cucumber, then divide mixture in half and place on the bottom of each bread roll.
- In a wok, whisk together Hoisin sauce, plum sauce, honey, five-spice, and boiling water.
- Using tongs, dunk each KFC Original Recipe fillet into the sauce and place on top of the cabbage.
- Place the top of the bread roll on each fillet and serve.
- Keep fillets warm by placing the KFC fillets box in a 120c oven whilst preparing the Peking Cluk Burger
- Adding the plum sauce and honey gives the glaze gloss and shine
- Boiling water melts the plum sauce and honey whilst warming and thinning the sauce to produce a glaze.
- Any leftover glaze can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.